Long-serving Herefordshire leader Coun Bob Matthews dies

Coun Bob Matthews had for some years led the True Independents group on the county council. He had been an elected member continuously from when Herefordshire Council became a unitary authority in 1998, and had represented Credenhill near Here

Brixton Carrara Close shooting: Man taken to hospital

Police were called at 1.43am today (Friday) to reports of gun shots in Carrara Close, Somerleyton Estate. A 22-year-old man was found with gunshot injuries. He was taken to hospital for treatment where he remains and his condition is not l

London Cannon Street station incident: Man in hospital

Officers were called to reports of a person under a train at London Cannon Street at around 3.20pm today (June 20). An ambulance crew, a paramedic in a fast response car, an incident response officer, and members of the hazardous area response

Taylor Swift events in south London ahead of Wembley Eras Tour

Her first Wembley performance is on Friday, June 21, and she will continue with seven more sold-out shows in June and August. To celebrate Taylor’s 'swift' arrival, we've rounded up the top south London spots where you can pay homage to the

Car crashes into Hereford's Belmont Medical Centre

As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles. Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. These adverts enable local

Routh Road Wandsworth: Woman ‘raped during burglary’

The incident took place in the early hours of Saturday, June 15 at an address in Routh Road. Police ask that anyone who saw someone acting suspiciously in the Wandsworth Common area between 5am and 8am get in touch with them. There have be

Chelsea Bridge London closed after cyclist and lorry crash

The incident happened on the north side of Chelsea Bridge just after 8am today (June 19). Officers and London Ambulance Service crews were called to the scene and found a man injured. He was taken to hospital for treatment where his condit

Ipsos poll says Greens will unseat Tories in North Herefordshire

The poll published yesterday (June 18) by Ipsos, one of several to use a technique called MRP to drill down into likely local outcomes, predicts the Greens’ Ellie Chowns will take 36 per cent of the North Herefordshire vote, seeing off the Cons

South Norwood Warminster Road stabbing: Teen taken to hospital

Police were called to reports of a stabbing by the London Ambulance Service. The incident happened at the junction of Avenue Road and Warminster Road at 3.47pm on Tuesday (June 18). Emergency services attended the scene and a teenage boy w

Children who went missing after Thorpe Park found in London

Khandi, 14, Amelia, 9, and Malik, 7, were reported missing just after 7pm. They were all known to each other, and the two youngest children are related. They had been at Thorpe Park on a planned day out and had travelled to Surrey from Mi

Eastnor Primary School rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted

Eastnor Parochial Primary School received an "outstanding" rating in its recent Ofsted inspection. Ofsted inspectors, who visited Eastnor Primary in May, gave a glowing report praising the school's efforts and ability to create an organised

Free outdoor cinema at Kings Cross returns this summer

Hosted by Everyman, throughout the summer months film lovers are invited to sit back and relax as classic and recent blockbusters are played on a state-of-the-art screen. Taking place on the steps of Granary Square in Kings Cross from July 1

Kensington Olympia London 'police incident': Recap

As a subscriber, you are shown 80% less display advertising when reading our articles. Those ads you do see are predominantly from local businesses promoting local services. These adverts enable local

Man injured in robbery outside Herefordshire Co-op

The robbery happened at around 7.30pm on June 5, a West Mercia Police spokesperson said, with officers now hunting for witnesses. A man was assaulted, suffering minor injuries, and his belongings were taken in the incident outside the Co-op in

Almost half of Met Police shootings unsolved, new figures show

The proportion of Metropolitan Police cases that end with an offender facing prosecution has hit 52 per cent, which is the highest rate in 11 years, but leaves 48% unsolved. Detectives believe this is partly due to fear preventing witnesses co