A murder investigation has been launched by Metropolitan Police following the murder of a 16-year-old boy on the doorstep of his Shrubland home.
Detectives say there are currently two active crime scenes, the address where the young man lost his life and on a nearby street where the vehicle is believed to have been used and then abandoned by the suspect.
It emerged earlier today that a 16-year-old had been found suffering from stab wounds inside a residential address on Bracken Avenue at around 12:45am on Thursday, July 1.
Officers provided immediate first aid prior to the arrival of the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance.
Despite the efforts of paramedics, the boy was pronounced dead at the scene around 45 minutes later.
The killer is believed to have knocked on the door of the victim’s family home, attacking him on the doorstep, the Evening Standard reports.
In a statement, Met Police said a homicide investigation has been launched, and at this early stage they retain an open mind concerning motive.
Formal identification and a post-mortem are yet to take place, although the boy’s next of kin have been informed.
The investigation was be led by Detective Chief Inspector Dave Blair of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command.
He said: “At this early stage we have two active crime scenes, the address where a young man lost his life and in nearby Warren Street where the vehicle believed to have been used by the suspects was abandoned.
“I thank the local community for their patience while my officers gather evidence and urge anyone who witnessed any stage of this horrific series of events to come forward and speak with officers.”
There have been no arrests. Enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 0208 721 4961, call 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 249/1JUL.
To remain 100% anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers_uk.org.